Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Lutheran Parsonage at Dunksburg FOUND!

Seek and ye shall find! Looking through some pictures today, I found one of a house that I thought might have been one of my mother's growing up. I scanned and sent it to her. Her reply was swift, "Couldn't  believe my eyes, that is the parsonage in Dunksburg where I was born!!"

So here it is, family. The home of Rev. Karl and Martha Domsch and their family from 1919 to 1936. Lydia Domsch Ziegelbein gave birth to her first three children here: Esther, Elvira and Edith.

Enjoy! Now, where is that church?


2 comments:

  1. Is the parsonage still standing?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nope - see the picture of the empty field. House and parsonage were gone when I was there in 1995; who knows how long ago they were torn down?

    ReplyDelete